Friday, January 18, 2013

visiting orphans.

For awhile now, Magan has felt led to go to Africa. About a week ago she mentioned it to me, and at first I didn't really think anything about it. I told her that would be really cool if we could go together on a trip like that, which would be awesome, but it seems impossible. 

Somehow, it came up again with me and Magan about Africa, and I started doing some research.. just curious about it. As soon as I started finding trips about orphans and little kids, I new I wanted to go to Africa with Magan. So I started literally googling any Christian organization who has mission trips regarding African orphans. A lot seemed like scams, or I either couldn't find a price, dates, or something. But, tonight I looked into one of the international mission organizations Magan's friend went with, “Visiting Orphans.” Basically, you get to go over seas to just show love on the orphans in Africa, Haiti, and tons of other countries. There are four countries in Africa that “Visiting Orphans” travels to: Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Rwanda. The dates we would be leaving are just so soon though. And it’s hard to find one strictly in June only. We aren’t able to go in July due to Magan having to lead a kid’s church camp. At registration, $200 is due. Then, on February 28, 2013, $2000 is due. I have no idea what God is wanting us to do, what organization we should be going with, or where in Africa he wants us to go.