Tuesday, February 26, 2013

feb. 26, 2013.


God, you are a God who HEARS. A month or so ago, I was thinking about the topic: How to read the Bible. I honestly didn’t know. I usually just opened it up somewhere random. The past week or so, I started reading through the Old Testament in the order it goes. Mainly because since I became a Christian, I haven’t read Genesis so I thought it would be cool to read it as a Christian to see how different it is from being a non-believer. Man, is it different. So far, I have read Genesis- 1 Samuel. I have read some dull parts where I skim over, but honestly, the Old Testament is AWESOME. I don’t know why people say it’s boring. Yes- it is VERY difficult to understand, but there are some awesome stories in there. If you really get to thinking, a lot are funny too. I still get a little freaked out when I think about people killing people and animals back then, and men having more than one wife and a lot of other different stuff. But reading the bible straight through like this gives me a lot more of a biblical background than when I would read the bible before. I’m learning, and my biblical view on other chapters of the bible is changing too. I understand things like prophecy, and sacrifice a lot better. 
    Another thing I have been praying about lately is to raise the $1600 initial deposit for my Love Africa trip by March 10. I was very discouraged at first, only having $175 from two people- but not I have $1200!!! Unbelievable. God hears each word, he sees each tear. No doubt about it.