Thursday, May 30, 2013

day before leaving.

12 hours from now, I will be in the car with my dad and Magan heading to Nashville to take off for KENYA!!!!!!! I don't even know what I am thinking right now. I have a bajilllion emotions and thoughts racing through my mind right now!!!!

I wanted to ask myself a few questions before my experience in Kijabe, and 2 weeks from now I'm going to answer the same questions so I can compare them before and after!

What emotions am I feeling right now before I leave for Kenya?
I am BEYOND excited!!!!! I'm happy, impatient, nervous, a just a little terrified. Over all, I just cannot WAIT to see how God works the next two weeks. But what's awesome about it is there's something I had gone through that I had a really hard time getting through this past year. Since I had given my life to Christ in December, I had obeyed God regarding the situation (although I had disobeyed a few times before I gave my life to Christ.) Well, anyways. If I has disobeyed God during that time, I wouldn't even be going on this trip tomorrow. It's crazy. If someone told me six months ago if I ever in my life expected to be going to Africa for missions in six months, there is no way I would have believed them. But look at me now.... leaving for Africa. In 12 hours. insane. All God, not me.

What am I the most nervous/scared about regarding being in Africa?
Food. I guess you could say I'm kinda picky sometimes. Which is really selfish.. because so many of the kids would give anything for any food at all. But, I hate beans. That's the #1 thing I'm terrified of to eat. If I try to eat beans.... I throw them up. And it's gonna be really bad if I'm at a Kenyan's house and try to make myself eat them and throw up........ yeah. So I'm praying to not have to eat beans. But if I have to... that I at least keep them down while I'm at the people's house. and also that I don't get sick by any of the food while I'm there.


There's a few others I wrote down, but don't really want them on the internet LOL



What would I like to see happen while I'm in Kenya?
I would like for what I do while we are there isn't about me. Which is so much easier said than done. Because as humans we are made sinful. And a lot of times I feel like I'm a lot more selfish than anyone else.. sadly. But I pray I love these men, women, and children who come along my path selflessly and whole heartedly.

How is my relationship with God right now?
Lately, I've felt really distracted. By everything/everyone I come in contact with I feel like. Social media is the main thing distracting me the most. I waste so much of my time on there, it's sad. I know everytime I 'refresh' twitter and instagram, instead I should be going to the Word instead of constantly reading about the world. I've gone weeks with it deleted and as soon as it's back on my phone it goes back to more constant distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment