Saturday, June 1, 2013

headed to kenya.

The people in our group are awesome. We met up with them in New York and we all get along great. We all talked and were able to get to know each other. I think before the trip ends we will be pretty close and stuff since five people is all thats in our group. In our group is me, Magan, Alyssa, Joe, and Matt.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right now, we are on the plane headed to Nairobi. We have gone from Nashville to Detroit. Detroit to New York. New York to Paris. and now, Paris to Nairobi. It's been a really great trip so far. Until Paris. We got off the plane in Paris and I guess I was a little jet lagged, and when we were about to go through security there, but right before I realized I left my $500 Nikon D3100 camera on the plane.... not to mention I got it in January. So that kinda sucks. I went to the desk and they called and said they checked and didn't see it in my seat. I had a breakdown at the airport.. just a little. But I'm not gonna let this ruin my trip. It's just a camera.. it can be replaced. My time here can't. Somehow I brought my grandma's digital camera. Coincidence? no. God? YES. Why in the world would I bring two cameras in the first place. I really don't know. I keep wondering if that's God trying to show me I shouldn't have wasted $500 on a material possession. After talking to the front desk we finally went through security. As we were about 100 yards past the security desk one of the guys on our team asked where my carry-on luggage was. I think I was still in mental shock from losing my camera. Turns out I left it in the middle of the lobby. HAAA. So it's been a pretty great day so far. I'm just ready to finally be in Kenya.






No comments:

Post a Comment