Tuesday, June 4, 2013

new season.


I just realized today is June 4th. Exactly one year ago today, my world fell apart.. so I thought. Looking back over the past year, that day has impacted me in so many ways, and has taught me more than any words could ever explain. It was the beginning of a new journey for me and a new season in my life. If only I could have somehow told myself that day, that a year from that exact day I would be filled with so much joy, so many new friendships and people investing into my life, so much encouragement, advice, and wisdom. It's in the solitude that God speaks to us best. And he spoke to me during those months. But starting that day exactly one year ago, I had two choices. I could either obey God, or I could disobey Him. I knew what He wanted me to do,  I just didn't whole heartedly trust in Him that he would take care of me. But still, He did. It's crazy thinking about how PERFECT His timing is, and to think that if I had disobeyed, I wouldn't be here in Africa right now. I wouldn't have surrendered my life to Him December 9th, 2012. There are so many things I wouldn't have gotten to experience by disobeying Him! But I obeyed. And I'm here. in AFRICA. And my heart is happier than it has been in longer than I can remember. God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

"I shudder to think of what all I have missed in life because of my disobedience."

No comments:

Post a Comment