Monday, June 10, 2013

day nine.

Today we went to Namuncha Massai Village. I absolutely am in love with the Massai people. The kids, the women, EVERY ONE. The guys were finishing digging a trench for the bathroom stalls for the school. So, for like an hour the girls got to play with the kids and do whatever. After the kids' break ended, they went back to class, and I was able to go and sit in on a class!!!! It's so different than the classes in America. It's not divided into grades or anything. There are three classes. THREE. For the whole school. It's divided by the age groups, I think. I sat in on the middle aged class. The teacher had the kids sing us like five songs haha. It was adorable.

"You are so faithful, so faithful, so faithful. You are so faithful, all the time."









While I was outside and in the classroom I was attached to a little girl named Naomi. I don't think she could speak one bit of English, but we didn't even seem to pay any attention to that. All we would do was smile and laugh. I tickled her and hugged on her, and whenever we walked into the classroom after their break she held my hand the whole way there. Ahhhh melts my heart. The funniest part about it was when another little girl would try and grab onto my hand she would push them away and then look up at me. 



beautiful Naomi



While we were in the classroom, I got to hand out the bracelets I made to all the kids in the class- which was about 32. Some of the girls from my group who were in there helped tie them on all of them. 



We left the class around lunch and ate, then we got to go up to the church, and the Massai women had a bunch of jewelry laid out on the ground for us to buy. One of the guys from Love Africa is buying the jewelry in bulk and is going to sell it in the United States for more money, and then send the money back to the women! So, we picked out the items we thought would sell the best in America. I got some really cute bracelets and keychains from them. I absolutely love these women. They are all incredible!

Veronica- the pastors wife- dressed me up in all of this jewelry that the women in the Massai tribe wear when they get married!


We ended up getting to go to a near-by village in Namuncha and had the opportunity to go inside a mud house. The one we went in was only the kitchen part (the first picture below is the outside.) When I first walked inside I couldn't see anything. It took my eyes a minute to adjust. But it was tiny. Probably about the size of a walk in closet. Probably smaller. It was almost unbelievable to think they LIVE in that. Really live in a house made of mud and sticks...... when I'm 19 and live in a nice, big apartment. Paying each month what they make in 5 years. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about that. Why are Americans the way we are.

On our way to the village we saw Agnes!!!! The first little girl I met while in Africa. I'm obsessed w her. She is precious. We took pictures and held hands and taught each other handshake chant games (i can't remember what those are called for some reason.) This was a hard day because we orobably won't get to come back here. I don't want to think about all of this at allllll. 














When we told everyone bye, I blew Agnes kisses and all of the girls started blowing kisses. I'm not sure if they even knew what blowing a kiss was until I showed them.





We left at about 4 and on our way back Chris dropped me, May and Lindsey off at the Dukas. I didn't eat dinner tonight...not many of us did haha. We had sweet potato-apple-sausage bake.....and tonight is the first groups last night which is really sad. 

Chris's parents spoke during devos tonight and told us their "story." They are both missionaries in Africa. Their story was incredible, if I had time to type it all- I would. But they encouraged us and reminded us that whatever God calls me to, HE will make a way. HE will open the doors no one but Him can open. It's all HIM. All that I am required to do is to obey. I have absolutely no idea what God is calling me to do. All I know is that I love kids. I love crafts. and I love Jesus. Not sure whether I'll be in art, education, business, design, missions.... or what in ten years. But I pray that I obey God to wherever he leads me and calls me to do.

Two and a half days left here. Wahhh

I'm blessed by this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment