Tuesday, June 11, 2013

day ten.

[ come be the fire inside of me. come be the flame upon my heart. You won't relent until you have it ALL. my heart is yours. ]

This morning the first group left. We had to say goodbyes, and so it's kinda starting to hit me we are about to have to go home too.

We went to Naomi's after everyone else left, and it was chai time for the kiddos. I got to sneak and see Kimberly, Sunni, and Erick though :)
                                               

After, the teachers had a meeting so they needed us to watch the classes. I went and helped with the early elementary kids. My class was the bomb. They were doing their math work and I had to check and grade what they did. They are all so smart! Just about all of them knew what they were doing and how to do it.










When the teachers finished their meeting, we went to IDP and fed the kids lunch (not the porridge.) It actually smelled kinda good. It looked a lot better than the porridge at least. I found my baby Bryan and got to feed him his lunch. But right after I fed him his grandma made him leave. Today, I found out him and his sister Beyonce's story. I'm in tears right now taking all of this in. Bryan and Beyonce are two of ten orphans. Thy live in an IDP house.. all ten of the orphans... with their HIV positive grandmother. Who is very sick, and there is no telling how much longer she will survive. Since she is this sick, she can hardly care for herself...much less ten children. (The grandmother is very sweet though and does love her grandchildren. It is just the state she is in that is unhealthy for the kids to be around.) So the 10 grandkids + 1 HIV positive grandmother live in this house. PLUS her other daughter and her son Ian (Bryan & Beyonce's aunt and cousin.)  THEREFORE, 10 orphans+HIV grandma+1 aunt+1 cousin=13 PEOPLE living in a house the size of my kitchen or smaller. That doesn't work!!!!!!! It can't! Seriously yall.... just imagine that. WE CAN'T. We have absolutely no idea how it is to live that way. 


BUT, there is a God-thing that might be possible.... with many prayers. Some of the leaders in our group have talked with Bob and Julie with Naomi's Village about them, and the social worker for Naomi's is looking into adopting Bryan and Beyonce. But because their grandmother is still in the picture, it changes things.... but is still possible things might work. How incredible would that be to see them get adopted by Naomi's?! If this happens, I will be going back to Naomi's. It would be amazing to see them happy, healthy, and SAFE, after seeing them where they came from... what they were rescued from. It gives me chills to think about. Isn't this what God does with us? He comes when we are in need. In our lowest, in our moments we need rescuing, and saves us! ADOPTS us. ahhhhhh. 

After IDP, we went to eat at FAV's (best restaurant in Africa.) They had friesssss eeek.  Then, we went to Lmuru to get some shoes for Joseph (from IDP's) daughter. She is playing soccer soon and wasn't going to be able to because she didn't have any cleats, so we all pitched in a bought her some cool ones! When we got back we played BS and made smores over the fire. 

Tomorrow is our last day. I'm depressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment